Maxalt is a selective serotonin receptor agonist, prescribed to arrest acute migraine attacks. Drug Maxalt has a high bioavailability, so anti-migraine effect is achieved within 30-40 minutes after oral use.
On our online pharmacy you can buy Maxalt online to treat migraine from anywhere in the world. We want to draw your attention to the fact that every visitor of our online pharmacy has a possibility to get a qualified pharmacist’s consultation. You can buy Maxalt online and get a pharmacist’s consultation 24/7 at any convenient time.
On our online pharmacy you are able not only to buy Maxalt without prescription but also to get a discount. You can buy Maxalt online with a discount when placing repeat orders for a delivery of this anti-migraine drug or when buying a big packaging of Maxalt tablets.
Before to buy Maxalt online without prescription, please learn pharmacological properties of this anti-migraine drug or ask our online pharmacist all your questions.
Migraine is neurological disease, characterized by severe headache attacks, lasting from 4 up to 72 hours. A complex of neurological symptoms, occurring before or simultaneously with migraine attack may be observed in patients, suffering from migraine with aura. Main symptoms of migraine with aura include:
- blurred vision;
- impaired concentration;
- auditory, visual, tactile, taste hallucinations;
- speech disorder.
Both external and internal factors play an important role in migraine development.
- External factors stimulating the development of migraine attack include: bright light, loud music, sharp smells.
- Internal risk factors of migraine include: genetic predisposition, a nervous and physical overstrain, changing in climatic conditions, dysfunction of central serotonergic and dopaminergic systems of the brain.
Migraine symptoms and migraine attacks occur due to expansion of extracerebral, intracranial arteries. Results of clinical studies have showed that therapeutic concentrations of Maxalt drug provides a selective narrowing of intracranial arteries.
Maxalt drug has pharmacological property to affect the main pathogenetic mechanism of migraine attack. Maxalt is one of the effective anti-migraine drug, prescribed to treat acute migraine attacks in adolescents and adults.
Dosage form of anti-migraine drug Maxalt
- At the international pharmaceutical market Maxalt drug for migraine treatment is available in tablets for oral administration.
- Each tablet Maxalt contains 5mg or 10mg of active pharmaceutical substance Rizatriptan.
- Besides active substance Rizatriptan, Maxalt tablets contain inactive ingredients: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose (E460a), pregelatinized corn starch, ferric oxide red (E172), and magnesium stearate (E572).
Indications for Maxalt drug use
- Medication Maxalt is prescribed to patients from 12 to 65 years* for drug therapy of migraine attacks with or without aura.
- Medication Maxalt does not affect mechanisms of usual headache, so it should be prescribed to patients with documented migraine diagnosis only.
- Maxalt drug does not prevent the occurrence of migraine attacks, so it should be taken only after the first migraine symptoms.
*Patients under 12 years and over 65 years were not involved in clinical studies of anti-migraine drug Maxalt.
Maxalt dosage for migraine treatment
- Maxalt tablets are taken by mouth with a glass of water.
- Optimal dosage of Maxalt is 10mg for migraine treatment.
- Therapeutic effect is achieved 30-40 minutes after a single dose of Maxalt 10mg.
- If migraine symptoms are not reduced after one Maxalt 10mg tablet, one more Maxalt 10mg tablet is recommended to be taken.
- Interval between the doses of Maxalt 10mg should be at least 2 hours.
- Total daily dose of Maxalt should not exceed 30mg for the treatment of acute migraine attacks.
When is adjustment of Maxalt dose required?
- For patients taking Maxalt in combination with ?-adrenoreceptor blocking agent Propranolol, maximum recommended daily dose of Maxalt is 15mg (one Maxalt 5mg tablet three times a day). Interval between doses of Propranolol drug and Maxalt drug should be at least 2 hours.
- Optimal single dose of Maxalt is 5mg to treat migraine attacks in patients with mild and moderate liver and (or) kidney failure.